Account Help

Social Security

Credit-eligible students are asked to provide their social security number. Providing a Social Security number will give a tax advantage as follows:
  • The University requires the student's Social Security Number to file a Form 1098-T.
  • The IRS Form 1098-T is an information form filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
  • The IRS Form 1098-T reports amounts billed to you for qualified tuition and related expenses, as well as other related information.
  • You, or the person who may claim you as a dependent, may be able to take either the tuition and fees deduction or claim an education credit on Form 1040 or 1040A for the qualified tuition and related expenses that were actually paid during the calendar year.